At CurzonTrinitas, our aim is to ensure that our clients appoint the right person who then quickly performs to their maximum ability. To help in this, we complement our work in executive search with independent executive assessment as an aid to make sure that critical appointment decisions are right.
Our process is typically a half-day experience for short list candidates. It involves elements of psychological testing along with biographical face-to-face assessment interviewing. We also use business simulation exercises. The elements are varied according to the context for each exercise. The psychometric component is delivered on-line to candidates, minimising their time at this stage of the process.
Clients receive a written report, usually within 4 working days of the assessment. It is targeted on key success factors for the role in question. The report provides insight into the individual and personal qualities that candidates will bring to a job, over and above their experience and functional competencies as assessed by our search consultants during the interview process. It helps clients understand and compare the main features of leadership style and day-to-day workplace behaviours that candidates will use to get things done, as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
- It enables a comparison of the behavioural and cognitive styles of the different shortlisted candidates.
- It provides reassurance for clients about fit with role and organisational culture.
- Research suggests that on their own these two benefits will contribute to enhancing the reliability and validity of appointment decisions.
- Additionally, the process highlights the steps clients can take with newly appointed executives to ensure they assimilate quickly and integrate successfully in their new roles.
- It enhances self-awareness for the candidates themselves about what it will take to succeed within a new context.
- It allows for greater insight into the candidates’ abilities to progress further in their careers as part of our clients succession planning process
- It satisfies corporate governance requirements for a rigorous due-diligence approach to senior appointments.
Our assessment practice is an independent one led under the CurzonTrinitas umbrella by Dr Rob Irving. Rob has much experience of working at home and overseas with senior executives and is well regarded as a practitioner in the field. Grounded in his experience, prior to entering the world of executive assessment Rob had a successful corporate career with Imperial Group as a Divisional Human Resources Director and with the British Steel Corporation as Personnel Manager of the international consulting arm of the corporation, BSC (Overseas Services) Ltd. Since 2008 he has been a visiting coach at the International Institute of Management Development (IMD) at Lausanne and has also been a visiting speaker on executive assessment at the University of Oxford. Where needed, Rob leverages his contacts overseas to provide support on assignments that need to be conducted abroad or using a consultant from a specific country.
To discuss how our practice can assist you please email Rob Irving